Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sail Log

Friday June 16, 2006
I showed up at CC Reservoir to rent one of the little boats. The park rangers weren't there---again, so I was about to go home. Fortunately, Bruce and Jeff were there. They were taking out one of Victoria Sailing School's J-boats and they invited me along.

The winds picked up. We heeled the boat. I got totally soaked. It was a great night of sailing.

Monday June 19, 2006
My crew bailed. YK was "sick". So I took one of the J-boats out myself. It is so much of a challenge to get one of those boat by yourself. It can be done, but it is a challenge... mostly intellectual. I managed it with only one little hitch. I did ram the dock a wee bit when I came in the first time. I fortunately wasn't going fast enough to do any damage.

So it's been a learning, fun, sailing week for me.

No comments: