Monday, September 19, 2005

Take my love; Take my land

I'm so excited for Serenity to come out this Friday. Below are the lyrics to the theme song and the accompanying guitar chords. Sing along and learn to love Serenity.

Firefly Theme
written by Joss Whedon
sung by Sonny Rhodes
tabbed/chorded by Joe Dizzy

Intro:
D----------0--3p0---0-
A-----0h3---------3----
E-----------------------

[D]Take my love
[C]Take my land
[G]Take me where I [F]cannot [C]stand

(some twang)

[F]I don't care
[C]I'm still free
[G]You can't take the [D]sky from me

(some other twang)

Take me out
To the black
Tell 'em I ain't coming back

(again with the twang)

Burn the land
And boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

(sort of a twangy solo)

Have no place
I can be
Since I found Serenity

("I'll be in my twang")

But [F]you can't take the [C]sky from me

(it endeth not with a bang but with a twang)

No comments: