Monday, December 05, 2005

Ziggies

I just discovered a cool bar in Denver. I won’t say it’s a new bar because it is only new to me.

It’s Ziggie’s Saloon: Colorado’s Home of the Blues. It is the only blues bar I know of here in Denver. I mean strictly Blues. I dropped by the check out the band they had there on Saturday night and what struck me was how friendly everyone was. I ran into a guitarist, Andy, who told me about their Sunday jam sessions. It sounded like fun, even though I haven’t really played guitar in years and my skills are hovering just above newbie.

The band was cool too. They played a pretty interesting mix of blues and funk. Chucky, the bar owner, told Andy and I that they were a trio from three other bands and they played together on the side.

The bar’s walls were covered with posters of the old Blues legends--Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, etc. They also had signed photos of the bands that have played there over the years.

I’m definitely coming back!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Wow, sounds very cool. I'll bet you're sitting in with the band in a month.

Jason said...

Then I'll be able to answer the age old question: "How do you afford your rock and roll lifestyle?"

Tina said...

Where is it??

Jason said...

38th and Sheridan. They have a website at www.ziggiessaloon.com.