Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Grr... Arrgh... Reprise

This morning, I watched the last episode of Buffy. I've officially seen the entire series straight through. I feel a little sad. It had a great ending, but I'm going to miss it. I know I'm a little late with this since I watched all of the episodes in syndication.

So I think I'm going to give a few posts on my favorite episodes. A top ten episodes by my own standards.

I think I'll start with Season 1 and work my way through. So top 10, in no particular order. Oh, yeah. I'm going to exclude season/series finales.

Season 1. Episode 7. "Angel"

After our introduction to the Hellmouth and a few of its mysteries, there is still one large mystery, Angel. In this episode, Buffy and Angel finally get their romance on and we find out that he is a vampire. After the whole series, it is hard to remember that she didn't always know that he was a vampire.

This is a great episode because it sets up much of the next several seasons and the entire Angel series. A vampire with a soul... classic.

Notable Quotes:

Xander: "I mean, guys'll do anything to impress a girl. I once drank an entire gallon of Gatorade without taking a breath."
Willow: "It was pretty impressive. Although later there was an ick factor."

Buffy: "You want Xander, you've gotta speak up, girl!"
Willow: "No, no, no, no. No speaking up. That way leads to madness... and sweaty palms."

Angel: "You have no idea what it's like to have done the things that I've done... and to care."

No comments: