Monday, February 13, 2006

V-day

I have a date for Valentine's day for the first time in a few years. I've decided to flex that ol' romance muscle and make a special meal for my special lady friend. I've already made her one meal and I pulled out all the stops, so I'm kind of screwed. I can't out do what I've already done; I've already impressed her, which means---expectations. I've decided to make her almost the same meal, but with subtle variations.

So here is the menu:

To start:

last time--cucumbers topped with balsamic vinaigrette.

this time--a glass of an Mondavi's sauvignon Blanc. No food.
(She didn't eat much of the appetizers last time)

The wine:

last time--a good 2005 Chateaux Moi

this time--well see above. This time the food will match the wine.

Main course:

last time--Red Snapper with a sweet and spicy mustard glaze

this time--Lemon Pepper Salmon
(She doesn't eat beef or chx)

Dessert:

last time--homemade ice cream.

this time--Chocolate covered Strawberries.

Music:

last time--Mozart

this time--Sinatra

And, of course, there will be candle light, the same as last time.

I'm now thinking that maybe I shouldn't publish this... I have two worries... 1) what if she reads this and the surprise is ruined... ok... Unlikely... 2) what if I end up dating one of you, dear readers, and then I serve this meal to you... I'll get my ass kicked. Damn!

Well, it's written. Here goes nothing...

1 comment:

Tina said...

As for 2), you can always make your famous grilled steak.